Versatile, economical chicken wings can be served as a quick and easy snack or a meal. These flavorsome, zesty orange wings can also be sprinkled with chili flakes for a hotter variation!
See also South African peri-peri chicken wings.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange zest, from approximately 2 oranges
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 1 pack chicken wings, approximately 1 pound
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the first five ingredients into a ziploc bag or dish.
- Add the wings and mix together well.
- Seal or cover, and set aside for 1-2 hours to marinate.
- Arrange the wings in an ovenproof dish and bake at 350˚F for 50-60 minutes until browned and tender.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Use chili pepper or flakes instead of pepper.
Lemon zest can be combined with the orange zest for a piquant citrus flavor.
Recipe can be doubled or tripled as needed.