Last gasp of Summer!
Before the weather becomes really cold and our thoughts turn to baked puddings, I am excited to share this easy Cremora ice cream with you.
Initially I considered adding egg to the mix, but decided to keep it as close to the Cremora tart filling as possible. The result is super – the mixture is smooth and full bodied – delicious as a cold dessert, but the perfect complement to many a baked pudding too!
- 2¼ cups (8 ounces) coffee creamer such as Coffee Mate or Cremora
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Combine the coffee creamer and water in a large mixing bowl while whisking, to form a smooth, milky liquid.
- Add the condensed milk and lemon juice and whisk until blended.
- Pour in the cream and mix well.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours until the mixture starts to freeze around the edge of the bowl.
- Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Return to the freezer.
- After 1 hour, remove from the freezer and beat for 5 minutes at medium-high speed. Return to the freezer.
- After 30 minutes, beat for approximately 5 minutes until the mixture is thick, light, and smooth.
- Scrape into a suitable dish and return to the freezer for at least an hour before serving.