This month we are excited to have a Guest Blog for the first time. This is provided by Africa Exclusive, a company that organizes luxury safari holidays to Africa, www.safari.co.uk. Apart from being able to experience African wildlife, these tours offer luxury accommodation and spectacular food.
Are you looking for some delicious new recipes to try? Luxury tour operator, Africa Exclusive has a new online recipe book featuring handpicked dishes cooked by some of Africa’s top chefs.
Ranging from simple desserts to delicious main meals, ‘Flavours of Africa’ showcases the incredibly diverse range of cuisine that is served at some of the finest safari lodges and camps on the continent.
Visit the African Safari Cookbook, www.safari.co.uk/cookbook, for yourself.
Below is a tasty dish created by Chef Nico Verster, served at African safari camp Jamala Madikwe Safari Lodge in South Africa:
- 150g salmon trout
- Lead wood bark or wood chips
- 100g goats cheese
- 50g toasted sesame seeds
- 100g baby cress salad
- 2 quail’s eggs
- wasabi dressing
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Place the wood chips in a small wood burner and smoke the salmon trout for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the salmon to cool and slice thinly. Roll the goats cheese in the toasted sesame seeds and slice 1cm rounds.
- Boil the quail’s eggs for 2 minutes before plunging in ice water. Peel and slice the quail’s eggs.
- Dress the baby cress salad in wasabi dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!