Curried cashews make a fun change to plain roasted, salted nuts. They are easy to make and add variety to cocktail snacks.
Cashews are a good energy source and contain vitamins and essential minerals such as manganese, potassium, copper, iron, magnesium, zinc and selenium.
Cashews are often used in cooking savory as well as sweet dishes.
In trials I found that the coating mixture should be liquid enough to cover the nuts evenly. If the coating is too thick, it overpowers the flavor of the nuts.
- 1 tablespoon *curry powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste (optional)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2½ cups raw, unsalted cashews
- Heat the coating ingredients together to blend.
- Add the cashews and mix until the nuts are coated.
- Spread the nuts onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment.
- Bake at 275˚F for about 30 minutes, mixing after each 10-minute period so that they brown evenly on all sides.
- Cool to crisp.
Curried peanuts are also delicious! – replace the cashews with raw peanuts.