This quick and easy cheese tart with a sour cream topping is my favorite recipe right now. It is an even simpler version of the cheese tart that was published on our Blog in 2011. With only 5 ingredients, this custless cheese tart is quick and easy to make and can be served as a dessert or teatime treat – with or without berries.
- 2 8-ounce packs cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅔ cup + 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cream cheese and ⅔ cup of sugar in a mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon, beater or blender.
- Add the eggs and mix thoroughly to blend the ingredients together evenly.
- Scrape into a well-greased, 9-inch pie dish.
- Bake at 325˚F for 35-40 minutes until just set – it will puff up slightly.
- In the meantime, using the same bowl, combine the sour cream and vanilla extract with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar. (This saves on washing up!).
- Turn the oven off and remove the tart when it is done.
- Set aside for about 3 minutes until it settles.
- Gently spoon the sour cream mixture over the tart, starting at the sides. Spread it evenly.
- Return to the switched-off oven for about 15 minutes until set.
- Once cold, refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.